|The Green Iguana Society requires that you completely fill out the adoption application below and answer the questions as thoroughly as possible. Please provide as many details as possible. The more information you provide, the better. The iguana's owner will make judgements based on the information you provide. We don't expect perfect answers, but if you do not supply enough information, chances are that many iguana owners may not believe that you will provide a good home for their iguana. We will forward your application to the owner/caretaker of the iguana you are interested in adopting. Some owners/caretakes have asked us to screen potential adopters, in which we will forward your application to them along with our comments, thoughts, and suggestions, based on your answers. This application is only the beginning in the adoption process and we have recommended to the iguana's owner to learn even more about you and the care you intend to provide. By completing the application, you are stating that all the information is true and accurate, and the details on how you intend to care for the iguana are your promised intentions. Thank you.|
Please read the following information before you submit the application:
- If you are planning to adopt an iguana from our adoption list, please select only one iguana. If an adoption for a particular iguana does not take place or you would like to adopt another iguana later on, you may select another iguana with another application. We are simply asking that you focus on one particular iguana and its owner at any given time.
- You may select more than one if you are interested in two iguanas that are listed together and the owner would like to find a home for them together. Only one application is necessary for cases such as these.
- Please be aware that iguanas are generally solitary animals that do best in captivity if they are housed separately. Mature males cannot be kept together. If you already have an iguana and would like to adopt another, please be sure you have separate housing available for each iguana and are prepared to keep them separated if necessary.
- If you are interested in an iguana that needs to be shipped or transported a great distance, please make sure the shipping information for that iguana states that it may be shipped. If you do live a great distance from an iguana that can not be shipped, you must include details on how you plan to obtain this iguana. The Green Iguana Society does not advocate shipping.
- Some of the iguanas listed on the adoption board have been listed for many months or even years. The Green Iguana Society checks with the owners of the iguanas listed on our adoption board about every 4-6 months and asks for an update on their iguana's status. If we do not receive a reply from the owner, cannot reach the owner, or are told by the owner that the iguana is no longer avaiable, the iguana will be removed from the board. In between these follow-ups, we rely on the owners to let us know when their iguana is no longer available. As a potential adopter, please be aware that the iguana you are interested in may no longer be available, but know that the adoption board is periodically updated. You can help us keep our adoption board updated by contacting us at anything(at)greenigsociety(dot)org if you adopt an iguana from our board, or if you receive an indication from an owner that an iguana is unavailable.
- Please note that the Green Iguana Society will not accept adoption applications submitted by anyone under the age of 18. Anyone under 18 who wishes to adopt an iguana through us must have a parent or guardian fill out and submit the application. This is for the protection of both the iguana (to be sure it goes to a good home where parents/guardians are aware of and involved in the adoption decision) and the adopter, who will be submitting personal information. To protect children under 18, we will not forward under-age applications to iguana owners. The Green Iguana Society is not responsible for keeping confidential any personal information given out under false pretenses by anyone under the age of 18.
- Disclaimer: The Green Iguana Society retains the right to decline to forward any submitted adoption application. Reasons for doing so include but are not limited to an incomplete application, an application with suspicious information, an application that indicates a lack of knowledge regarding iguana care, or an application submitted by an underage applicant.
- How long will it take for your application to be sent to the iguana's owner? Because the members of the Green Iguana Society are all volunteers, we are not always able to address every adoption application immediately upon receipt. Please allow a week for your adoption application to be forwarded. You should receive an email from the Green Iguana Society stating that your application has been forwarded. Thank you for your patience!